Thursday, May 24, 2012

Day 10

Well, I made it to day 10! Today I weighed in at 154.6, which makes exactly 11 pounds lost since the beginning of my juice fast and 14.2 pounds since I began cleaning up my diet May 1st, just over 3 weeks ago. I'm thrilled with the results so far and have decided to extend my juice fast another 10 days and go for 20. I've also made the decision that after 20 days I will transition back to a plant-based diet (vegan) for 1 week, then slowly get back to the 80/20 diet that I started with at the beginning of the month. My hope is to reach 145 by the end of the 20th day, but I've been so happy with the other results of the fast that the weight loss is really just a pleasant byproduct.

I would be lying, on the evening of day 10, if I said I wasn't thinking about giving up right now. For some reason tonight my energy is very low, I feel a bit weak and just "off". I'm second guessing going for 20 days, and I have food on the brain. Part of that is due to the fact that tonight I broke my "Pinterest fast" and got on for the first time in 10 days and have now spent a solid hour pinning food recipes that look amazing to me. I've also started a list of the "cheat meals" I want to have between now and the wedding (which is in exactly 100 days!!!). Here is my list, in no particular order, with the exception of the first, which will definitely be my first "cheat meal":

Pizza- Mellow Mushroom
Wings & fries- Hooters (I know, it's my guilty pleasure)
Thai- Siam Garden
Philly Cheesesteak- Duckworth's
Jalapeno Burger- McHale's
Sushi- Akahana
Nice meal- Soul or Terra
Mexican- Paco's Tacos
Carlos' Cuban Cafe
Cajun Queen
VBGB's

I plan on washing down each and every one of these meals with some delicious beer & wine.

I will break my fast on Monday morning, June 4th, and as I said, transition slowly with a combination of raw & cooked vegetables & fruits, smoothies, and juices for the majority of the week. I will follow that with the 80/20 diet in the month of June, allowing myself a few cheat meals here & there, but sticking to plant-based, natural grains, lean & organic protein, and goat cheese/low fat cheeses (nothing fried, nothing processed, outside of my big cheat meals!).

July 5th I'll begin transitioning off of the meats and dairy to prepare myself for a 17 day "reboot"- 5 days vegan, 7 day juice fast, 5 days vegan, back to 80/20 by the end of July, just in time to take my bachelorette trip to Myrtle Beach with my girlfriends. Lord knows I won't be watching what I eat or drink that weekend, so I'm letting myself off the hook and planning on a fun time!

As soon as I'm back I'll begin another 17 day "reboot" on August 7th, which will take me to exactly 1 week before our rehearsal dinner, and allow me 1 week to transition back to some meats and dairy. Diets go out the window for the rehearsal dinner at VBGB's and the wedding reception at the Cajun Queen. We've decided to honeymoon at Disney World on the condition that we go eat at some of their fine dining restaurants. I've got a seafood place, and African restaurant, and a European bistro on the list, along with the standard crappy/delicious park fare.

Is it obvious I'm thinking a lot about food? I've planned out my next 100 days worth of diet! I hope with changing the "type" of diet up over the weeks and ramping up to a slightly more rigorous workout routine I'll be wishing I'd ordered a wedding dress that was a few sizes smaller.

I'm failing on the progress pictures... I promise I'll have them tomorrow though! And I hope to get my mind out of the food gutter by then and get back on track being strong and resolved to make it to my next goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment